Thursday, March 28, 2013

Eggless banana bread

Recipe contributed by : Rashmi Sampat

My son loves banana bread so I was constantly looking for a good recipe which I can follow all the time. After lots of trials and errors, finally I was able to make this recipe as my final master piece. Original recipe asked for 1 cup of sugar which was too much for me so I altered to ½ cup, and if sometimes bananas r too sweet than I reduce the sugar even more because I don’t like my bread too sweet. Hopefully, you also like this recipe as much as I do.







Servings : 10
Time: Prep time: 10 min+ 60 min for for Baking
Difficulty Level: Easy


Ingredients

•    1/2 cup sugar
•    3 bananas
•    4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
•    2 tbsp yogurt
•    1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
•    1/4 tsp salt
•    1 tsp baking soda
•    1/8 tsp baking powder
•    1 tsp vanilla essence
•    1/4 cup milk
•    1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional).

Method

1.  Pre Heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit

2.  Put the bananas, sugar and yogurt in food processor.

3.  Add butter to it.

4.  Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.

5.  Add mashed banana mix, milk, and vanilla essence, mix it with hand mixer.

6.  Add walnuts and just fold the mixture.

7. Pour this batter in a greased bread tin and bake for about 50-60 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted       comes out dry.

8. Let the bread cool on the cooling rack and slice and serve with Tea or coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment